|Mon to Thu: 7 a.m. - 12 p.m. |
and 1 p.m. - 3.30 p.m.
|Fri: 7 a.m. - 12 p.m.|
Stadtwerke Konstanz GmbH
Phone:+49 7531 803-3000
Fax:+49 7531 803-3009
Questions and answers:
When quick crossings apply, the Constance – Meersburg ferry goes at an increased frequency. The regular timetable is then suspended and additional departures are offered during daytime in order to reduce the queues as much as possible. Therefore, the ferry leaves every 12 minutes from Constance to Meersburg and in the opposite direction.
You can buy tickets directly from the ferry crew upon entering.
Annual and seasonal tickets are available in the ferry operations building at the ferry port; the address is: Geschäftsbereich Fähre. Please take the completed order form along with you, which you can download here.
Monthly combined tickets for ferry and bus are available in the following shops:
- Stadtwerke Konstanz GmbH, Energiewürfel: Max-Stromeyer-Str. 21a
- Bistro Fährevorplatz: Staad/Autofähre
- Kiosk: Laube: Lutherplatz 1
- Kiosk: Breslauer Straße 20
- Kiosk Bodanplatz: Bodanplatz
- Kiosk Rio: Fürstenbergstr. 90
- Kiosk Königsbau: Friedrichstraße 49
- Toto-Lotto: Zähringerplatz
- Kiosk Allmannsdorf: Mainaustraße 145
- Kiosk: im Seerheincenter
- Kiosk Marktstätte: Marktstätte Unterführung
- Kiosk Wollmatingen: Radolfzeller Straße 21a
- Seezeit Shop Uni KN
- Kiosk: Haltestelle Klinikum Konstanz/Mainaustraße 31b
- Marketing & Tourismus GmbH: Bahnhofsplatz 43
- Paradieskiosk: Gottlieber-Str. 25
- Kiosk Wallgutstraße
- Autohaus J. Schönenberger e.K., Konstanzer Straße 24
- La Segunda – Secondhand: St. Katharinenweg 37
- *Dorfladen: Heinrich-von-Tettingen-Straße 23
Vorverkauf Studi-Ticket VHB an folgenden Vorverkaufsstellen:
- HTWG, Mensa: HTWG
- Seezeit Shop Uni KN
- Stadtwerke Konstanz GmbH: Energiewürfel, Max-Stromeyer-Str. 21a
- Radolfzell VHB: Eisenbahnstraße 3
- Singen Bürgebüro: August-Ruf-Str. 13
Ferry and bicycle
As a cyclist, you do not need to wait in a car lane on the forecourt. You may use the waiting areas in front of the central building on the square or to the right of it. Please observe the currently applicable distancing rules and the mask obligations (due to the coronavirus). Please observe the instructions of the staff on site everywhere on the ferry square.
Please observe the instructions of the service staff – and in the absence of these the ship’s personnel. Embarking/disembarking is only permitted with the explicit approval of the service/ship staff. As a cyclist, you will cycle onto the ferry. You will be able to use the large middle lane of the landing bridge for this even before the cars. Bikes should not be pushed if possible.
The footpath for embarking/disembarking is reserved for pedestrians only. Due to the width of bicycles and the very narrow pedestrian entry/exit path, it is not possible to board the ferry safely with a bike here. Falls and serious injuries may result, including “going overboard”.
Pushing is not permitted for the following reasons either:
a. When meeting pedestrians on the bridge, pedestrians and passengers with bicycles will be unable to pass each other safely.
b. Due to the narrow width, you may catch your handlebar or the pedals in the lateral struts and contract severe injuries.
The ship’s captain or their deputy will direct you to where you can park your bike. The cashier will assign you a precise location.
If your bicycle has a side stand, you can use that for parking. Otherwise, lean your bicycle against the ship’s side or against another bike. We recommend leaning bicycles against the ship’s side next to each other. In any case, please do not lock your bike. This speeds up loading and unloading considerably. (No one has ever stolen a bike on a moving ship before.)
Several bicycles are already standing against the ship’s side. This is a common occurrence. Carefully lean your bike against the other ones. Please handle the bikes of other passengers with care. You would want the same for yours.
Can I just put my bike on the other side of the loading area?
Unfortunately, this is not possible! Usually, the side facing left in the direction of travel is always loaded with bikes. Why?
- For safety reasons: The right side has the “rescue davit”, the anchor facility, and our overboard ladder or safety platform. These facilities must remain freely accessible at all times.
- In case of a medical emergency with rescue from the water, we will need this space for first-aid measures.
There is still space for my bike at the front of the ferry. Can I push my bike past between the cars?
No, that is not permitted! If you come to the rear part of the ferry, stay where the staff have assigned you a spot. Why?
- If you try to squeeze through the vehicles with your bike, you may cause damage to cars. We forbid this procedure to avoid unnecessary escalations on board.
- To keep an overview of the vehicles and persons from whom the fare has already been collected.
- Yes, while you have no ticket. We need to know the precise number of people and bicycles for the ticket in order to offer you the best price. Please note that you are responsible for buying a ticket. If you leave your bike early without informing the cashiers to get a ticket, you must expect a fare increase of EUR 60 (plus the regular fare).
- Not if you already have a ticket. Once you have secured your bike accordingly, you may go to the upper deck, enjoy the view, and have a snack in our bistro.
The cashier will come to you. Please stay with your bike to get the best price. The prices can be found under Ferry – Fares.
Bus line 1 (every 15 minutes during daytime) brings you directly from the Konstanz-Staad ferry port to the city centre, and bus line 15 brings you to the industrial area. To go to Mainau Island, you take bus line 1 and change to bus line 4, which departs directly opposite, at the Allmannsdorf stop. Do you want to go directly to the University? That's simple, just use bus line 11.
In the city of Constance we offer a bicycle rental system. You can rent 150 bikes (konrad) or 26 transport bikes (TINK) at over 28 rental stations all over Constance.
More about konrad.